This Hispanic Heritage Month, we salute artists and entertainers of Hispanic descent, who have put on for the culture.
From breaking records, winning awards and pushing boundaries, their contributions have helped shape and push culture forward.
For more, follow us on Instagram & test your knowledge.
THANKS TO CITY KIA OF GREATER ORLANDO
- West Indian/Dominican
- Longest-Running No. 1 by Solo Female Rapper
- First Woman to Chart First Three Entries in the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs' Top 10 Simultaneously
- Haitian/Puerto Rican
- 3x Grammy Award Winner
- Credited for spearheading the Neo-Soul movement.
- Puerto Rican
- First Solo Latin Rapper to Go Platinum
- Black/ Dominican
- 20 Years of
- Debut Album Peaked #3 on Billboard and sold over 1 million copies
- Crowned The Most Consistent Female Rapper of All Time by XXL
- 2013 Award for Best R&B Song for “All I Want Is You”
- Puerto Rican/Cuban
- Helped launch the careers of artists like Remy Ma and DJ Khaled.
Amara La Negra
- Arguably the face of the Afro-Latino Movement.
- Eritrean/Puerto Rican
- Grammy Award Winning Producer
- Creator of the Verzuz Battle Series